Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing 10




This was fun! I played around with the Custom Sign Generator, the Image Chef , the Happy Face Generator, and Wordle. I was not able to save my Wordle, though, so that was disappointing.
I'm imagining the signage I could use in the library! As far as what the students could do, I'll have to think about that. They have done this sort of thing in the computer lab, but not in the library. I'll need to restructure some lessons so I can incorporate these. It comes down to availability since I see 35+ kids at a time with only 8 computers for less than an hour at a time. I'm sure a lot of you out there have a similar problem! I can see that the mosaics would be useful with vocabulary and any of the subject areas. Mostly, it would just be fun. Imagine kids learning while having fun - what a concept!

1 comment:

  1. Wordle does now have a way to save ....at the bottom of the page is some html code that can be copied and added to an html gadget OR placed in your post using the html tab (you type in the compose mode...there is a tab right next to it for html pasting) you won't see the wordle unti lyou switch back t ocompose!

    try it ...sounds a bit scary, but really isn't!

    ReplyDelete