Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thing 6


OK, I'm frustrated. I haven't ever had much luck with photos/images and this Thing is about to drive me crazy! There is SO much to learn, I'm overwhelmed. The slowness of my computer may also be contributing. I also think I've been staring at the screen for too long...


I did accomplish making a Trading Card. Since tomorrow is Father's Day, Dad was my subject. Once I found the photo I wanted, making the card was remarkably easy. Looks cool, too!


My frustration is with BigHugeLabs. I wanted to play around with a mosaic, using photos that I saved onto my computer. It allowed me to find the photos, and it seemed that I uploaded them. However, I haven't figured out how to use them. It seemed that BigHugeLabs wanted me to use only photos from my flickr account. Since I just created an account with flickr, I do not have any photos in that account yet.

3 comments:

  1. no, you can use your photos saved on your hard drive in your My Picture files or whereever you keep your photos...you ave a choice of browsing. I also believe it requires you to register....most Big Huge labs mashups do not.
    Try again...if you look at some of the other players' blogs, you will see how popular the mosaic is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a little overwhelmed as well but have actually learned a lot. I was having issues getting a java player to open up in IE. Once I switched to Firefox, everything worked fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel too overwhelmed... take it one thing at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete