Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing 20

That was fun!! My eyes need a rest, though... Didn't have quite enough popcorn...

I have known about YouTube and TeacherTube, but haven't really spent time exploring until now. There are lots of good things on both! I'm pretty sure that YouTube is blocked in Fort Bend ISD, but I can certainly put TeacherTube to use. My searches on both sites were "school library" and "educational technology." It was no surprise that YouTube had more; however, I seemed to find what I wanted more quickly than I did on TeacherTube. That seems paradoxical to me...

On YouTube, I found the video I referenced in an earlier post, A Vision of K-12 Students Today. I'll attempt to embed it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A-ZVCjfWf8

Somehow, I don't think that worked... Let me finish my thoughts here and then I'll go back and see if I can fix it.

On TeacherTube, I came across a hilarious parody on school libraries entitled "The Library of Tomorrow" by Dr. Loopy. From the 1966 perspective...

I'm glad I now know enough to explore. My students will appreciate these little nuggets every once in a while. Even though my teachers will resist, they'll love it too! Now, if I can just figure out the embedding thing... (I've read the directions several times and will continue to try...)

No comments:

Post a Comment