Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing 18

These are interesting tools. I'm not sure I'd use them on a regular basis because I already have Microsoft Office, but it's good to know that I have the option if I ever needed it. While exploring, it seemed that OpenOffice had more options than Google Docs did. However, it occurred to me that I might just have to add shortcuts for "cut," "paste," and the like in Google Docs.

Would my students be able to use this for occasional assignments? Would they have to register separately, or could they use mine? If I create a document on one computer, and then a student needed to do the same, s/he would have access to my document, right? I'm sure I haven't spent enough time exploring; the answers are probably there.

One thing, though, I couldn't find was the Google Docs "tour." I think it was there at the very beginning, but then disappeared after I registered.

No comments:

Post a Comment